• To be able to spend more time caring for patients
• To remove the barriers to providing quality, affordable healthcare imposed on doctors by insurance companies
Even though we don’t take insurance, you should still keep your insurance for things like specialists, prescriptions, hospitalizations and emergencies.
Like a health club membership, Foothills Family Care and our services are at your disposal whenever you need, even at times that you cannot predict. You will use our services in a way that makes sense for you and those ways may change over time. The member fee was set up to accommodate different types of patients, with needs that vary and change, in a fair and equitable way.
The DPC model of care allows the two people most invested in your health –you and your doctor– to be in control of your primary health care. By removing the barriers put up by insurance companies, you and your doctor will be able to realize significant benefits from the DPC model in the form of:
- No surprises. You never have to worry about what a visit to the doctor will cost you. And you can actually visit the doctor when you need to because you won’t be plagued by those out-of-pocket payments that never quite fulfill the high deductible of your insurance policy.
- Your doctor is not forced to churn patients through his office in order to satisfy the insurance driven fee-for-services model. Therefore, more time can be spent properly assessing and treating the needs of each patient.
- Removing the insurance middleman opens up new ways of ‘visiting’ the doctor. Your doctor is now able to communicate with you by phone, email, and online using HIPAA compliant services when appropriate. These methods are more convenient for you and can cut down on lost hours at work.